Proundly Supported by
Pfizer Foundation
    Home | Current Issue | Past Issue | Board | Instruction | Contact

Tubal Abnormalities in Thai Infertile Females


Supat Sinawat, MD, MSc*,
Jeerichuda Pattamadilok, MD*, Kanok Seejorn, MD*

* Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Faculty of Medicine, Khon Kaen University, Khon Kaen


Objective: To determine the prevalence of tubal abnormalities among infertile patients attending the clinic at Srinagarind Hospital.
Design: A descriptive study
Setting: Infertility clinic, Srinagarind Hospital, Faculty of Medicine, Khon Kaen University, Thailand.
Subject: A total of 740 female patients presented at the infertility clinic, Srinagarind Hospital between 1 January 1998 and 31 December 2002.
Material and Method: A retrospective review of demographic data, baseline infertility information and the results of tubal assesments (including both hysterosalpingography and laparoscopy) were conducted.
Main outcome measure: Prevalence of tubal abnormalities in infertile females being treated in the infertility clinic during the study period.
Results: Among the 740 patients being recruited to the present study, 533 cases (72.03%) were diagnosed with primary infertility while the rest (207 or 27.97%) came to the clinic due to secondary infertility. The mean infertile period of all study subjects was 4.68 years. Regarding the methods used for tubal assessments, hysterosalpingography (HSG), laparoscopy and combination of the two methods were conducted in 556 cases (75.14%), 30 cases (4.05%) and 154 cases (20.81%), respectively. The prevalence of tubal abnormalities demonstrated in the present study was 27.30% (202 from 740 cases). Among the 202 patients with tubal abnormalities, the pathologies detected were cornual occlusion (46.04%), combined tubal abnormalities (30.20%), distal tubal occlusion (8.42%), hydrosalpinx (3.47%), peritubal adhesion (3.96%), and other abnormalities (7.91%). Other pelvic pathologies detected from laparoscopy were endometriosis (61.49%), pelvic adhesion (24.22%), leiomyoma (12.42%), and ovarian cyst (1.87%).
Conclusion: Tubal abnormalities were detected in over one-fourth of all infertile females being treated at Srinagarind Hospital. Further study investigating the etiologies of these abnormalities is needed since it could be the measure to bring down the occurrence of such conditions.

Keyword : Infertility, Uterine tube

Download Full Paper
  Vol88_No6_723.pdf  [ 67.56 Kb]

Home | Current Issue | Past Issue | Board | Instruction | Contact

© Copyright The Medical Association of Thailand. All Rights Reserved.2001-2002
Acquista Cialis generico 5 mg Effetti collaterali del Cialis 5 mg Acquista Cialis 20mg online Prezzo di Cialis originale in Svizzera Acquista Viagra in Svizzera senza prescrizione Dove comprare Cialis 10mg Viagra in farmacia online effetti collaterali Costo di Cialis 5mg Opiniones de Reduslim Acquista Spedra Avanafil senza prescrizione Acquista Viagra in Svizzera senza prescrizione Comprar Cialis original Comprar Viagra Contrareembolso Cialis 5mg Viagra sin receta Cialis 5 mg efectos secundarios graves Reduslim precio Trastorno de la ereccin venta de tadalafilo avanafil prezzo cialis 20 mg prezzo cialis effetti benefici cialis 10 mg Reduslim Kaufen pulse crypto price prediction avanafil 100 mg prezzo